Client – Meggitt plc, Bournemouth
Brief – Lead the introduction of a new Programme Lifecycle Management (PLM) scheme for the whole of the group, as part of a wider business transformation. Roll out to all Strategic Business Units (SBUs) across the whole of the PLC world wide at sites in the UK, Europe and the USA.
Contribution – Reporting directly to the group Strategy, Sales & Marketing Director Vee Solutions led and facilitated the definition, development, roll-out and communication of the PLM scheme. This required:
- Defined and facilitated a series of workshops with subject matter experts drawn from all SBUs, together with functional experts;
- Generated and reviewed all required collateral materials including:
- Process definition;
- Guidance documents;
- Briefing presentations;
- Training materials and supporting collateral;
- Supporting brochures;
- News letters;
- Developed, agreed and conducted an initial gap analysis between the defined PLM processes and current SBU practice to determine the implementation priorities;
- Developed and delivered briefing and training materials tailored to the various audiences, e.g. SBU leadership, programme management practitioners, associated engineering managers, quality managers etc;
- Conducted follow-up gap analyses to assess implementation progress;
- Identified implementation shortfalls and defined and implemented corrective actions.
Outcome – a PLM scheme appropriate to needs the various SBUs was developed and rolled out across the PLC that yielded improved consistency and repeatability of programme management.